What is Success?

Hi all,

I would be interested in the communities views on what success looks like for individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, in a neurotypical world. It is obvious that we are continually marginalised by those that control a rather skewed version of what the objective facts are. 

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • Hi all,

I have read all the responses, of which I thank you all for taking the time. But I would like to expand, if possible. A little bit about me. I was late to get a diagnosis, 41. I "retired" at 35, as I started a journey for diagnosis followed the given path of personality disorder, PTSD and depression. But now I have "buyers remorse". I had a very successful career as a chef and now the path of "ignorance is bliss" is preferable. I cannot help noticing that Buddhism and the academic path are both mentioned, as the latter I am involved in. Buddhism is something that I am working towards (I am joining a class on Saturday). Yet I am driven by the question that leads this thread. As Aspies, should we not carve a different path? Again, all opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.  

• We should carve whatever path works for us, regardless of other people's opinions. What matters is staying true to yourself and doing what makes you happy and fulfilled.

Reply Children
No Data