I simultaneously love, and hate, my situation and myself

My thoughts seem to continuously flip-flop between "Yay! I'm me, isn't it great! I understand now!" and "I f**** hate this situation! Three decades of stress that could have been avoided & relationships that could have grown more easily!".

Those thoughts by the way are meant only as illustrations of the types of thoughts that lead to two opposing feelings of a) feeling comfortable in my own skin and optimistic vs b) feeling angry about - I'm not exactly sure what.

I'm fully aware that the "flop" side - negativity, despair, anger, "if only" - is unproductive. But it still arrives in my head.

Anyone else get this?

Parents
  • Yes! Even in the 50s, 60s and early 70s, when actually there was quite a lot of positivity around. My positivity still rarely gets much of the oxygen of attention. There's a helluva lot of Carbon Monoxide around these days. Organisations such as NAS certainly invest heavily in positivity, but that positivity is probably just another inconvenient truth to the monetarists, money-shufflers, populists, idealogues, blowhards and play bunnies.

• Yes! Even in the 50s, 60s and early 70s, when actually there was quite a lot of positivity around. My positivity still rarely gets much of the oxygen of attention. There's a helluva lot of Carbon Monoxide around these days. Organisations such as NAS certainly invest heavily in positivity, but that positivity is probably just another inconvenient truth to the monetarists, money-shufflers, populists, idealogues, blowhards and play bunnies.

Children
No Data