I'm growing a long beard

In protest against the neglect and discrimination society shows me I'm growing a long beard.

My story is not an uncommon one in some respects. As a child I was emotionally abused by my father and I had nowhere else to go. Due to my Autism I was, of course, in a more difficult position than some would be. In the culmination to years of being controlled and emotionally terrorised, I was chased out of my parents' house by my dad who had a knife in his hand and was screaming at me. 

Years later I live alone in a flat but cannot get a support worker, despite repeat requests to GPs. I've attempted to arrange for a support worker to work for me, in a self-employed basis, (for which I'd pay all the funds directly myself) through my own advertisements I've placed but can't find anyone that way either.

I can't cope doing things on my own and have told professionals this many times. I've been in 4 psychiatric wards, detained against my will. Now I'm 32, no friends in my local area, no prospects.

My beard is already longer than it's ever been after 2 weeks of unshaven growth. I'm not going to be trimming it so will let it grow out naturally and freely.

Parents
  • The misery in my life IS SO PRESENT tonight. My father is being a NASTY PIECE OF WORK at my parents' house where I'm staying. At my flat my neighbour is a NASTY PIECE OF WORK too. THERE'S NOWHERE TO GO. I'm being PUSHED TO THE EDGE. I've been emotionally abused and not fed properly in MENTAL HOSPITALS, those are not a safe haven. I've occasionally slept out for the night to escape, and struggled IN THE COLD. 

HOW MANY TIMES CAN A MAN TURN HIS HEAD AND PRETEND THAT HE JUST DOESN'T SEE? THE ANSWER, MY FRIEND, IS BLOWING IN THE WIND.

• r u ok roswell ?  

• I feel sad. However, for now I'm safe. I'm keeping to myself.

I wait in hope that soon on the homeswapper website a good swap will come up, so I can move to somewhere better.

How are you?

• Brilliant idea. If I put them onto MP3 on my phone I can do them on a train or somewhere else where I'm stressed out.

• yep that is all good,,, that is how I started and I return to guided mediation when I get it wrong. I have stripped the audio from the youtube videos I like on to mp3 files.This allows me to use them on an MP3 player. I have them sorted by time length eg 5 10 15 30 minutes long so I can fit them in where I can. Ideally do ur meditation once a day.  I do breathing and mantra meditation. 

• That's an interesting job. It must be nice to be allowed one's own space.

The meditation I do is one from a YouTube channel. The woman tells me to close my eyes and I have to breathe a certain way for a while, then just focus on the breathing, but breathe naturally. Then focus on sounds around me, internally in my body and externally in the environment. She encourages the listener to let go of all worries and says meditation is about restarting over and over again. 

• That's an interesting job. It must be nice to be allowed one's own space.

The meditation I do is one from a YouTube channel. The woman tells me to close my eyes and I have to breathe a certain way for a while, then just focus on the breathing, but breathe naturally. Then focus on sounds around me, internally in my body and externally in the environment. She encourages the listener to let go of all worries and says meditation is about restarting over and over again. 

Children