This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

dating and friendship site (free)

After much blood, sweat and tears I am pleased to announce the launch of [URL removed] the first free to use dating/friendship site for those on the spectrum! [name removed] allows you to find your perfect match by criteria from age to appearaance, lifestyle to distance.

It's quick and easy to set up an account and it's up to you how many details you share. Of course personal contact details like phone and email address will never be shared. Finally I have customized the theme and appearance so it's easy on the eyes. aspiehearts runs on a dedicated server with 2TB of bandwidth so stability should not be a problem.

I know it's early days, but please give it a go if you're interested in meeting people you can relate to.

Please let me know if there is anything that needs fixing or changing. I can also add new content if needed.

Thanks for checking it out - I look forward to any feedback - all constructive criticism is welcome! :D

Please note - the website is for those 18 and over.

Parents
  • I may be over-thinking this -

The worry I would have with this sort of website is that a potentially vulnerable person would have to give away a lot of personal information - who has access to that data and what are the policies in place for monitoring and protection - and will someone be selling the traffic to the highest bidder?    How secure is the whole thing and how easy would it be for a hacker to infiltrate and scam the innocent users?    I suspect the early adopters are effectively bug-testing the system.

When something is given away for free, the product/profit is usually the user's data.

• It's an enom site based in the US that has only been registered 7 days. Seems like a pop-up. There are also no registration details as to the sites owners or admins.

Domain Name: [domain name removed]

Registry Domain ID: 2418309576_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.enom.com
    Updated Date: 2019-08-05T20:24:04Z
    Creation Date: 2019-07-30T13:33:09Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2020-07-30T13:33:09Z
    Registrar: eNom, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann.org/epp
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned

When something is given away for free, the product/profit is usually the user's data.

All types of fraud make profit, personal details, and the obligatory disclaimer is there.......

I think you are right to have reservations. There's literally no transparency in the site details.

The NAS should too, vulnerable people could be sucked in. Any risk is too much.

• It's an enom site based in the US that has only been registered 7 days. Seems like a pop-up. There are also no registration details as to the sites owners or admins.

Domain Name: [domain name removed]

Registry Domain ID: 2418309576_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.enom.com
    Updated Date: 2019-08-05T20:24:04Z
    Creation Date: 2019-07-30T13:33:09Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2020-07-30T13:33:09Z
    Registrar: eNom, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann.org/epp
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned

All types of fraud make profit, personal details, and the obligatory disclaimer is there.......

I think you are right to have reservations. There's literally no transparency in the site details.

The NAS should too, vulnerable people could be sucked in. Any risk is too much.

Children
No Data