First flying with Autism

I'm due to fly for the first time in a few days but Have already seen a lack of appetitie as my anxiety is on one with all this stress.

I'm wondering how everyone has coped with Anxiety and how you have found your first flight.

Is there any tips for first time flyers which I haven't covered yet.

I have done the following
Airport Familation Visit
Destination Research
Packing early
Sorting out music
Preparing Lavendar Oil resucue

But i'm still struggling with stress of this pre flight stage and I'm getting the autism stress pains which is not good

Parents
  • Given the current problems that we are hearing about all forms of travel, including (especially?) air travel, it is generally recommended and considered best that people with our condition do not travel without a chaperone, regardless of whatever “assisted travel” services are provided by travel companies - besides, given that the best travel deals are reserved for 2 people sharing and not for solo travellers, which has always been the case within the travel industry, having someone travel with you eases the stress involved with travel as there will always be all sorts of last minute problems that no amount of careful planning can ever totally eradicate those risks - much of what I say here is based on 20 years of travelling alone long before my diagnosis, so I would never attempt to travel alone again on any form of transport over 20 miles, given the harsh lessons I learnt the hard way in October 2022 when returning to Manchester from Ireland on SailRail during the train strike in which I’d been stranded in Holyhead for 2 days after arrival from Dublin - later on I heard of the same thing happening to senior management team at our hotel returning from a training course in Dublin on a group booking with Ryanair, where despite a 7pm check-in, their flight did not actually leave Dublin until Midnight - we have to be totally risk adverse in our situation and eliminate all risk as far as possible 

• Given the current problems that we are hearing about all forms of travel, including (especially?) air travel, it is generally recommended and considered best that people with our condition do not travel without a chaperone, regardless of whatever “assisted travel” services are provided by travel companies - besides, given that the best travel deals are reserved for 2 people sharing and not for solo travellers, which has always been the case within the travel industry, having someone travel with you eases the stress involved with travel as there will always be all sorts of last minute problems that no amount of careful planning can ever totally eradicate those risks - much of what I say here is based on 20 years of travelling alone long before my diagnosis, so I would never attempt to travel alone again on any form of transport over 20 miles, given the harsh lessons I learnt the hard way in October 2022 when returning to Manchester from Ireland on SailRail during the train strike in which I’d been stranded in Holyhead for 2 days after arrival from Dublin - later on I heard of the same thing happening to senior management team at our hotel returning from a training course in Dublin on a group booking with Ryanair, where despite a 7pm check-in, their flight did not actually leave Dublin until Midnight - we have to be totally risk adverse in our situation and eliminate all risk as far as possible 

Children
No Data