Dealing with smells

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with smells without coming across badly?

I'm starting to get really sensitive to smells such as:

• Junk food that our daughter and boyfriend tend to cook late at night after we've cleaned and freshened the kitchen (OK I know asking her not to is an option and it seems to be working *for now*).
  • Orange peel - after a few minutes for me this stops smelling of oranges and starts smelling like stale cigarette ash
  • Things like pilchards in salads that people eat at their desks in the office
  • Strong perfumes, hand creams & air fresheners

No word of a lie some of these smells actually give me a headache.

I wish there were a nasal equivalent of noise cancelling ear buds!

Parents
  • I’m so sensitive to smells and get really bad headaches from perfumes, handcreams, air fresheners, shampoo’s and conditioners etc.   Whenever I go anywhere I’m going to be trapped, like on a flight, or a bus journey, or starting a new job etc, the first thing that goes through my mind is ‘please please don’t get stuck next to someone wearing perfume’. Or someone with chewing gum as that is my absolute biggest hate.  I once moved desks four times in a day at work as people kept coming in wearing perfume and sat on a desk too close to me.  

I’m I haven’t found an answer, I just have to remove myself from the situation if possible.  If I can’t I get so angry that I feel physically sick and then get headaches.

• I’m I haven’t found an answer, I just have to remove myself from the situation if possible.

That about covers it too for me, smell is a massive problem for me and also makes me feel physically and mentally ill, it's like I've been poisoned or something, really toxic feeling, it can shut me down.

Fresh air is the only thing that helps unless the smell is outside in the air.

There's an idea for all you ASD inventors out there, how bout some kind of oxygen helmet we can wear, I'd walk around wearing one for sure, or some kind of nasal mask we can just quickly fit on as the smell hits.

• I’m I haven’t found an answer, I just have to remove myself from the situation if possible.

That about covers it too for me, smell is a massive problem for me and also makes me feel physically and mentally ill, it's like I've been poisoned or something, really toxic feeling, it can shut me down.

Fresh air is the only thing that helps unless the smell is outside in the air.

There's an idea for all you ASD inventors out there, how bout some kind of oxygen helmet we can wear, I'd walk around wearing one for sure, or some kind of nasal mask we can just quickly fit on as the smell hits.

Children