I'm not 'ND' I'm 'NA'...

I realise that a lot of people will say... "Who are you to try to change the language we use?" or "Well, NT & ND are embedded in society now so there's no point trying to change things..."

But I don't care.

I'm not 'Neurodiverse' vs. the general population who are 'Neurotypical'

I'm 'Neuroatypical' in a 'Neurodiverse' population, where the majority are 'Neurotypical'

typical
adjective - having the distinctive qualities of a particular type of person or thing.
atypical
adjective - not representative of a type, group, or class.
diverse
adjective - showing a great deal of variety; very different.

So, in the same way that people are self-identifying as having ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition) on the basis that 'Disorder' is pejorative, I'm self-identifying as 'Neuroatypical'.
Stuck out tongue closed eyes
Parents
  • You actually have a great point there but that’s what happens in the English language.

if you think of the next Friday people will say it’s the one after the one coming.

its actually just the one that’s coming because that’s what next means, the one coming after the last one.

• Ugh! Yeah, the whole "this Friday vs. next Friday" debate...

It's a very NT thing (in my view) to accept that the 'popular' view is 'correct'...

I call it 'Emperor's new clothes thinking'... I'm always the kid saying "But... he's not wearing any clothes - I can see his winkle!"

• I hate those people who just agree with the same person all the time, they don’t have an opinion of their own, they’re like sheep. 

Or those people who just say someone is better at something than you just because they like them more.

I just tend to talk to special people because they have their own opinions but are also open minded.

• I hate those people who just agree with the same person all the time, they don’t have an opinion of their own, they’re like sheep. 

Or those people who just say someone is better at something than you just because they like them more.

I just tend to talk to special people because they have their own opinions but are also open minded.

Children
No Data