Are you good at identifying emotions/feelings within yourself?

Example 1: At my last psych appointment the pdoc said I looked happy. I didn't think I was.

Example 2: Was recently seen at main hospital emergency department  because of chest pains. Tests were ok, but BP was higher than normal . Had to go for follow up the next day . Doctor said it had been  raised because I was anxious. Apparently my pulse rate was fast.  I hadn't noticed I was anxious.

I don't think it happens all the time ie I sometimes know when I'm anxious etc .

Parents
  • I know This has no relation to the topic at all but does anyone else have a massive problem with food textures. I hate liquify or runny food like coleslaw, just looking at it makes me feel ill. I would rather look at a dead body than some of the food in the world.

It makes it really difficult for dinners and restaurants if I ever go with anyone. The taste often isn’t the matter it’s the texture, like bananas, I won’t eat bananas because of the texture but I do like the taste so I’ll have banana flavoured stuff like milkshakes or muffins.

Does this occur in anyone else’s lives.

• My daughter has massive issues with this nearly all food with sauce is a no go! Apart from cheese pasta which she would eat daily if she could 

• It’s weird because I like beans but I hate gravy and watching it mix with other foods of different textures will just make me question why anyone would like it. 

Ill have ketchup in a burger but then frown upon coleslaw or onions in someone else’s  burger. I hate apple pie, that apple is just not from earth. 

Coleslaw is definitely my arch enemy though.

• It’s weird because I like beans but I hate gravy and watching it mix with other foods of different textures will just make me question why anyone would like it. 

Ill have ketchup in a burger but then frown upon coleslaw or onions in someone else’s  burger. I hate apple pie, that apple is just not from earth. 

Coleslaw is definitely my arch enemy though.

Children
No Data