Are you good at identifying emotions/feelings within yourself?

Example 1: At my last psych appointment the pdoc said I looked happy. I didn't think I was.

Example 2: Was recently seen at main hospital emergency department  because of chest pains. Tests were ok, but BP was higher than normal . Had to go for follow up the next day . Doctor said it had been  raised because I was anxious. Apparently my pulse rate was fast.  I hadn't noticed I was anxious.

I don't think it happens all the time ie I sometimes know when I'm anxious etc .

Parents
  • Alexithymia is really weird because I used to be really reactive to people touching me or just being a *** and I would end up in many fights at school but still feel no anger. 

Its difficult because nobody would look at me and think I was autistic because many of today’s generation seek for looks and I’m not what people stereotype autistic people as.

I am relatively smart and people think autistics are stupid. They think they’re small, thin, ill looking people where I’m the total opposite I’m not small, I’m quite strong and other than scars and bruises rather healthy.

• Alexithymia is really weird because I used to be really reactive to people touching me or just being a *** and I would end up in many fights at school but still feel no anger. 

Its difficult because nobody would look at me and think I was autistic because many of today’s generation seek for looks and I’m not what people stereotype autistic people as.

I am relatively smart and people think autistics are stupid. They think they’re small, thin, ill looking people where I’m the total opposite I’m not small, I’m quite strong and other than scars and bruises rather healthy.

Children
No Data