Dr Who

A thought just occurred to me.  We now have a female Doctor, not bothered by that, but the writing is meh. 

There were some good episodes but also a lot of meh.

It occurred to me, if the figurehead is a female, why do we have a man overseeing the whole series and writing for itIe the chap from Broadchurch.

Surely the likes of Phoebe Waller-Bridger should oversee and write the series. I know that she is currently writing Bond but, do you see my point? 

Parents
  • I find it difficult to get used to a new doctor, and Jodie is quite different to Matt, who I came to really like. It does feel a bit odd having a female doctor after so many years of them being male (not a sexist view - I'm female - just my opinion). I loved Missy, but  we didn't know at first that she was a reincarnation of the master so I had no preconceptions - I was able to get to know her as a character with no expectations. 

However, I do think Jodie is a good actor and I agree that the writing has been pretty poor. There were some good ideas, but it seemed to me to always come back to family relationships, friendships and moral dilemmas. When I watch Dr Who I want exciting sci-fi stories, not soap operas! It's not Coronation Street in space! Perhaps they should rename it Coronation Universe, or East End Galaxy?

• I find it difficult to get used to a new doctor, and Jodie is quite different to Matt, who I came to really like. It does feel a bit odd having a female doctor after so many years of them being male (not a sexist view - I'm female - just my opinion). I loved Missy, but  we didn't know at first that she was a reincarnation of the master so I had no preconceptions - I was able to get to know her as a character with no expectations. 

However, I do think Jodie is a good actor and I agree that the writing has been pretty poor. There were some good ideas, but it seemed to me to always come back to family relationships, friendships and moral dilemmas. When I watch Dr Who I want exciting sci-fi stories, not soap operas! It's not Coronation Street in space! Perhaps they should rename it Coronation Universe, or East End Galaxy?

Children
  • Oh, by the way, why does the female doctor need 3 companions? The male ones only had one - with a boyfriend tagging along sometimes, but not really acknowledged as a second companion, just tolerated by the doctor, not befriended). Bradley is good, but I'm afraid I wasn't impressed with the younger two . I think just one companion gives a better dynamic.