Assesment advice

Hello, 

So a year ago I went for an initial meet with someone from the mental health team regarding the possibility of aspergers. They had me answer some questions about me and my childhood and got me to do some questionnaires. 

I have received a letter today to see a psychiatrist for an autism spectrum disorder assesment. Which says it will last 2 hours. I was meant to receive forms but they were not included so i am waiting on them so I'm not sure what these forms are.

Does this mean this is the assesment that will tell me if I do or do not have aspergers ? Or will I need to go for more assessments after this?

Thank you 

Parents
  • I think the assessment varies a lot from place to place. From reading the forums, it seems that the test used, the length of the interview, and number of assessments can vary. It might be a good idea to give the assessment centre a call to clarify some uncertainties, like telling them you are still waiting for the forms and when will they arrive, and whether you will get a conclusion after one assessment or will follow-ups be needed. Good luck with everything!

• I think the assessment varies a lot from place to place. From reading the forums, it seems that the test used, the length of the interview, and number of assessments can vary. It might be a good idea to give the assessment centre a call to clarify some uncertainties, like telling them you are still waiting for the forms and when will they arrive, and whether you will get a conclusion after one assessment or will follow-ups be needed. Good luck with everything!

Children
No Data