Bored of food

I have such a narrow range of things that I eat I am so bored of food. I need ideas of how I can make new combinations of what I eat. 

I normally do roasts, spaghetti Bolognese, quiche, pie 

I like stew but I got a slow cooker for Christmas and cooked a disastrous one.

I don't like anything too spicy. I eat v mild curry. If I have Chinese I always order the same.

I don't like the taste of alcohol.

I eat:

Broccoli, carrot , green beans, as long as they are cooked within an inch of their lives

Peppers, courgette,  onion if cooked til not crunchy

Potatoes

Meat as long as it doesn't look like it comes from an animal

Cheese

Eggs 

Pasta

Cereal

I like fresh bread but I don't like sandwiches unless they are toasted

Parents
  • Take out the roasts, spaghetti quiche, pies, peppers etc, onion, meat.(except ham, sausage, bacon or pork pie, (but only a pork farms.pie or some.melton mowbray mowbray pork pies)), potatoes except chips or crisps (ready salted or totally plain only), brocolli,  beans, and pasta,  and you  get something approaching what I eat. 

Furthermore the only cheese I will eat is cheddar,  I will only eat eggs boiled or poached.  I will eat fruit, (apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, srawberries, peaches)  and raw carrots, lettuce and watercress only as it is, not messed about with.  I can dtect an onion at fifty paces, and unfortunately onion powder is in a lot of food which exacerbates my ibs to extremes. I will eat some fish (cod, haddock, sardines, kippers) but only once again in a very simple way - kippers hot with bread and butter,  sardines with bread and butter and vinegar, cod or haddock in batter or breadcrumbs or smoked).  A boiled egg is a hot meal for me with bread and butter. I will eat yogurt (cherry or strawberry only) and drink milk. Added to that is various sweet food such as jelly, ice cream, cake.

This diet has kept me alive to near pension age so is unlikely to change now.  Any health problems I have are not associated with my diet.

I think what is missed by a lot of nutritionists is that any food will keep someone alive loofar longer than no food at all. Any food can be bad for you it seems nowadays.  And how many times do experts change their mind about food which is bad for you.

I would not advocate my diet for anyone, but worrying about diet does not solve any problem with it. Food is necessary to live, and it is not necessary to do complicated things with it either to survive or to enjoy  what you like.

• Take out the roasts, spaghetti quiche, pies, peppers etc, onion, meat.(except ham, sausage, bacon or pork pie, (but only a pork farms.pie or some.melton mowbray mowbray pork pies)), potatoes except chips or crisps (ready salted or totally plain only), brocolli,  beans, and pasta,  and you  get something approaching what I eat. 

Furthermore the only cheese I will eat is cheddar,  I will only eat eggs boiled or poached.  I will eat fruit, (apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, srawberries, peaches)  and raw carrots, lettuce and watercress only as it is, not messed about with.  I can dtect an onion at fifty paces, and unfortunately onion powder is in a lot of food which exacerbates my ibs to extremes. I will eat some fish (cod, haddock, sardines, kippers) but only once again in a very simple way - kippers hot with bread and butter,  sardines with bread and butter and vinegar, cod or haddock in batter or breadcrumbs or smoked).  A boiled egg is a hot meal for me with bread and butter. I will eat yogurt (cherry or strawberry only) and drink milk. Added to that is various sweet food such as jelly, ice cream, cake.

This diet has kept me alive to near pension age so is unlikely to change now.  Any health problems I have are not associated with my diet.

I think what is missed by a lot of nutritionists is that any food will keep someone alive loofar longer than no food at all. Any food can be bad for you it seems nowadays.  And how many times do experts change their mind about food which is bad for you.

I would not advocate my diet for anyone, but worrying about diet does not solve any problem with it. Food is necessary to live, and it is not necessary to do complicated things with it either to survive or to enjoy  what you like.

Children
No Data