Bored of food

I have such a narrow range of things that I eat I am so bored of food. I need ideas of how I can make new combinations of what I eat. 

I normally do roasts, spaghetti Bolognese, quiche, pie 

I like stew but I got a slow cooker for Christmas and cooked a disastrous one.

I don't like anything too spicy. I eat v mild curry. If I have Chinese I always order the same.

I don't like the taste of alcohol.

I eat:

Broccoli, carrot , green beans, as long as they are cooked within an inch of their lives

Peppers, courgette,  onion if cooked til not crunchy

Potatoes

Meat as long as it doesn't look like it comes from an animal

Cheese

Eggs 

Pasta

Cereal

I like fresh bread but I don't like sandwiches unless they are toasted

Parents
  • Cooking with slow cookers, like most recipes, takes time to master, so I would definitely recommend giving the slow cooker another chance. 

You could make some really delicious food with your chosen ingredients, by adding different spices ~ this takes time, and learning through trial and error, as well, to find the combinations you love, but it’s worth it. 

You can make spaghetti out of courgettes. This is what I do but I don’t cook mine but I think some people do. 

I love love love potatoes and I’m always finding new ways to cook them. My latest potato recipe  invention is to cut the potatoes into shapes like chips (I don’t generally peal them), then I slice some onions and boil them together in a pan with water and vegetable broth, for about 10 minutes. 

Then I take them out of the pan (I don’t drain them as I want some of the juice to stay with them) and put them in a roasting tin lined with parchment paper and roast them for about 20 or 30 minute turning once or twice during cooking, and for me, they’re to die for Ok hand tone3and I have them with a huge huge salad.  

I love grated carrots and I’m going to experiment with them, by putting them in vinegar or something. 

There’s a pasta dish that I used to eat, every single day, for well over a year. I would put that pasta in a large pan of water and put a colander  on top and in that I would put chopped courgette, spring onions, mushrooms, peppers and some kind of sausage (can’t remember the name of it, I got it from a supermarket in a packet in a horse shoe shape) chopped up and they would cook at the same time as the pasta. 

Once it was all cooked, after about 10 minutes, depending on the pasta, I would mix it all together with a pesto (shop bought) and serve it with a delicious salad of rocket, baby tomatoes and finely chopped onion with a honey mustard vinegar dressing. Oh, I used to put some grated cheese on top of the pasta combination as well. 

Let me know if you want any more tips, cooking is one of my things ;) 

• Cooking with slow cookers, like most recipes, takes time to master, so I would definitely recommend giving the slow cooker another chance. 

You could make some really delicious food with your chosen ingredients, by adding different spices ~ this takes time, and learning through trial and error, as well, to find the combinations you love, but it’s worth it. 

You can make spaghetti out of courgettes. This is what I do but I don’t cook mine but I think some people do. 

I love love love potatoes and I’m always finding new ways to cook them. My latest potato recipe  invention is to cut the potatoes into shapes like chips (I don’t generally peal them), then I slice some onions and boil them together in a pan with water and vegetable broth, for about 10 minutes. 

Then I take them out of the pan (I don’t drain them as I want some of the juice to stay with them) and put them in a roasting tin lined with parchment paper and roast them for about 20 or 30 minute turning once or twice during cooking, and for me, they’re to die for Ok hand tone3and I have them with a huge huge salad.  

I love grated carrots and I’m going to experiment with them, by putting them in vinegar or something. 

There’s a pasta dish that I used to eat, every single day, for well over a year. I would put that pasta in a large pan of water and put a colander  on top and in that I would put chopped courgette, spring onions, mushrooms, peppers and some kind of sausage (can’t remember the name of it, I got it from a supermarket in a packet in a horse shoe shape) chopped up and they would cook at the same time as the pasta. 

Once it was all cooked, after about 10 minutes, depending on the pasta, I would mix it all together with a pesto (shop bought) and serve it with a delicious salad of rocket, baby tomatoes and finely chopped onion with a honey mustard vinegar dressing. Oh, I used to put some grated cheese on top of the pasta combination as well. 

Let me know if you want any more tips, cooking is one of my things ;) 

Children