Social groups in west midlands

Hello everyone,

Hope u are all well and life is treating you well.

I am thinking of joining a social group for adults with autism

Does anyone know any groups to join or recommend any in the west Midlands?

Kind regards

Becky 

Parents Reply Children
  • I would also give a glowing report for them. I have two sessions a month through Access to Work and their help a has kept me my job, I am certain of that. 

• They do a few groups, mainly post-diagnosis, and about explaining things concerning understanding your condition, also helping family understand it too from my experience.

They also do a thing called Aspire, which is very helpful for people trying to get into employment, arranging adjustments, or explaining your condition to employers, and other people who may not understand how your condition affects you.

I'm not too familiar with the social group stuff. It's a great resource though. Met some good people there. It's an amazing service as far as my experience with them. They really helped me understand the sensory side of things. They have also helped me with my problems with mental heath services, and a few other issues.

I'd say from my whole experience since diagnosis, AWM have helped me understand more than anyone, how my condition affects me. I'd have had a much harder time without the help of a few people there. The "NT's" there are good people, and so are the autistic people I've been in contact with.

It's worth getting in touch with them post-diagnosis. It has all been a very positive experience for me.