I hate the term "neurotypical "

I've always had a lesion in my brain and I've had epilepsy for as long as I can remember, so I was pretty neuro atypical long before I got this autism diagnosis as an adult just one or two years ago. I don't think you can say that someone you never met and know nothing about is "neurotypical" It's just a complete assumption and it's rude. 

Parents
  • A very final word from me (Hooray for that!) and then I'll shut up on the subject, because I'm clearly creating a lot unintended bad feelings here.  People can agree or disagree with what I say.  It's my final opinion, for what it's worth.  I think it's generally in keeping with the tone of the thread, but am perfectly willing to stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Any transition into awareness is usually accompanied by comparing yourself to others, and so differences are most noticed through grievance and misunderstanding. I think we, as autistics, deserve our time and opportunity of being able to express anger, frustration and disappointment at others' lack of understanding. Just as there was a sense of militancy in black and gay power, so are we still struggling to get understanding. Anyone with an invisible disability will understand because unless you are in a wheelchair or using a guide dog many hard-hearted f*****s will call us feckless snowflakes.. Hence anger and resentment.

Which isn't to say that a continuation of that is a constructive way forwards.  Dialogue needs to be had.  And it cannot be had in an atmosphere of accusation and resentment: of continuing with the categorisation of others as 'others'.  As 'them'.  As 'the enemy'.

This is all I was trying to get across.  My failure to do so, through ill-chosen words and thoughtless allusions - and even things that have been perceived as personal besmirchments - is something I deeply regret.  And something I wholeheartedly apologise for.

• so it's really not very much
    I'm reading a scientist's article about it now. It should not be called that. I read reviews of some services on the site. And I'm looking for those who write about medicine. I would like to find something from the best case study writing service and get an article about it to place in newspapers and blogs about autism. Thanks to this, I want to achieve the abolition of this terrible term.

• so it's really not very much
    I'm reading a scientist's article about it now. It should not be called that. I read reviews of some services on the site. And I'm looking for those who write about medicine. I would like to find something from the best case study writing service and get an article about it to place in newspapers and blogs about autism. Thanks to this, I want to achieve the abolition of this terrible term.

Children
No Data