Sources of start-up funding for small business run by ASD person

Hi,

Does anyone have advice on sources of start-up funding to set up a small business? I'm wondering if these is any funding available specifically for autistic/disabled entrepreneurs.

Richard

Parents
  • Hi Richard,

I had my own distillery a few years back, and originally I had applied for funding via The Start Up Loans scheme. It's backed by the government and you'd get mentoring/support, it's also low interest and targeted for those who'd struggle to get an alternative:

https://www.startuploans.co.uk/

Having said that, given this seems more of a community project I'd then tend to lean towards a crowd funding platform, probably more relevant to one that has experience with, or a specific listing section for: community projects. I'd suggest that crowdfunder would seem the best:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk

With that site, you also have the ability to apply for +Extra funding, for projects relating to specific causes or regions, they do tend to vary, and its a case of what funding is open to applications. This is the page about +Extra:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds

As far as alternative grants etc, .gov.uk has a searchable list of grants and financing, relevant to different: regions, councils, cities or projects etc.

You may also want to contact you local councils. Both town: as the Mayor tends to have a discretionary pot of funds, and county/unitary authority: as they tend to have their own schemes to tackle localised needs, which are more charitable in nature, and don't tend to get shown on .gov.uk It should list any available things on their websites, but as with mayoral funds... it can be buried somewhere on the website...

Other than that, the usual stuff: Rotary Club, the Masons, Round Table and perhaps more generally: local business groups. All of which, at least outwardly, like to be seen to be 'helping the community'.

Best of luck with it all!

Chris

• There are many funding options for ASD persons provided by the government and private organizations. If I were you, I would choose government funding.
    Another option is to get a loan from the bank. In comparison with government funding, the bank will give you the loan faster.
    By the way, do you know in order to get a loan is essential to have a high credit score? Let's say not less than 80 points score will be enough to be accepted for the loan. Sometimes, suspicious payments or personal debts can lower the business credit score. Sources online for b2b credit check with full reports are available 24/7 for you to see if your figures fluctuate.

• There are many funding options for ASD persons provided by the government and private organizations. If I were you, I would choose government funding.
    Another option is to get a loan from the bank. In comparison with government funding, the bank will give you the loan faster.
    By the way, do you know in order to get a loan is essential to have a high credit score? Let's say not less than 80 points score will be enough to be accepted for the loan. Sometimes, suspicious payments or personal debts can lower the business credit score. Sources online for b2b credit check with full reports are available 24/7 for you to see if your figures fluctuate.

Children
No Data