Serial obsessions

Anyone else have a series of obsessions that seem to come and go in rotation? 

When I get into a hobby, I throw myself into it fully and pursue it with passion whilst I'm learning at a decent rate. Then when the learning slows down because of the plateau that inevitably comes, I lose interest and move on to something else, often an old hobby.

Because I value efficiency, I'll often sell all of the hobby equipment - sometimes regretting it shortly afterwards.

I've been through astronomy, photography, shortwave radio, ham radio, electronics, hifi, religion, piano playing, guitar playing, motorcycling, advanced motorcycling (to the point where I was qualified to teach this). On the odd occasion that I find myself without a passion I get into a hell of a mess with addictive behaviours too.

Parents
  • My obbessions, can vary form time to time, but main obsession is with past always wanting know what yesterday was like and it even gets to point where I would want to time travel and experience it in real life. this leads me on something I had for ages but never had the confidence on carrying out fulling, Is always have obsession to see what it feels like to be other peoples shoes and Have tried some things along the way but would to try more, 

I have done card making, designing fantasy hotels, gardening, photography and travelling all day on local buses 

I'm currently creating a datebase of Greater Manchester Bus Routes past and present and trying to make my own bus network because I getting highly annoyed at how run down are bus services are getting. 

I quite like seeing everyone esles hobbys and obbessions 

• I love your interests and like you, I love hearing about other people’s. Or at least other autistic people’s. It is what my friendship with one of my autistic friends is building on. It’s like the more I find out about his interests, the more I love him, and it’s not because I’m interested in his interests, because most of them I’m not. I think it’s just the way we talk about them that fascinates and enthrals me, even if we don’t all talk in an excited way like me. I think I just love how much we love what we’re intetested in. 

• Yes Love hearing and meeting other autistic people, what I mean about being up other people shoes, is that at the school i was at I was surrounded by less abled students who required all sorts of special equipment and needs and one day, i asked teacher if it was okay for me to how feels to be visual impaired and using bail. also when I went to respite for the experiences more than respite and it was there I got to what it feels like to be in a wheelchair with a full chest vest harness and foot restraints and surprisingly i found this experience very comforting. 

I would love to do a full article and up to fellow ausitic people and about how deep my obbession is with trying things and see what it like to be other people shoes.

Reply Children
No Data