Referral

I’ve just received a letter from my doctor. It’s an appointment for a telephone assessment. 

I’m just nervous about it being a phone assessment, I’m currently off Work with anxiety over waiting for the referral. 

I’m not if a phone assessment is any good. 

• I always find it helps me to be on my own and put it on speaker phone. I think I can then freely look/walk around without restriction, and it just feels like you are talking to someone in the room without making eye contact (I know that sounds odd, but it works).

Also, to calm my anxiety, I start worrying about something before the call that I need to do later on that day, after the call, so my mind is focused on that instead. Works a treat

• Write down key points you think you may need to discuss. It can help you to bring structure to an otherwise unpredictable conversation 

• I hate phone calls too. I tend to write down what I want to say & then I have it there in front of me. It helps to bullet 

point too. I am not diagnosed with Autism, but I’m going through the process. So many forms. 

I hope the call goes/went well.