Boyfriend with autism flirting with other girls?

Ok, so here’s the thing.

My boyfriend has aspergers syndrome. He keeps staring at other girls when we go out- and I don’t mean just glaring, lookig, peeking. I mean downright STARING silently at a girl, watching her every move until she leaves his sight. 

This makes me a little jealous of course. I don’t mind him looking, because hey I look at guys too, but I don’t stare at them so obviously. I’ve talked to him about this, expressed how I’ve felt when he does this. 

He keeps saying he didn’t mean to stare, and that he only wants me, and so on. He also says it’s because of his diagnosis that he’s acting like this. So autism makes guys stare at other girls and flirt with other girls even though he is in a relationship? 

Maybe it does? That’s why I’ve come here to ask hopefully other adults who have autism. 

Thank you in advanve.

Parents
  • Is he actively flirting or just doing some intense data acquisition about what he finds attractive in girls? Sort of refining his tastes. Why not ask him about what he finds so captivating. It may be something like the way a dress hangs well or they have good posture so they look 'correct' in his eyes. (Aspies like correctness and order).

• Is he actively flirting or just doing some intense data acquisition about what he finds attractive in girls? Sort of refining his tastes. Why not ask him about what he finds so captivating. It may be something like the way a dress hangs well or they have good posture so they look 'correct' in his eyes. (Aspies like correctness and order).

Children
No Data