Boyfriend with autism flirting with other girls?

Ok, so here’s the thing.

My boyfriend has aspergers syndrome. He keeps staring at other girls when we go out- and I don’t mean just glaring, lookig, peeking. I mean downright STARING silently at a girl, watching her every move until she leaves his sight. 

This makes me a little jealous of course. I don’t mind him looking, because hey I look at guys too, but I don’t stare at them so obviously. I’ve talked to him about this, expressed how I’ve felt when he does this. 

He keeps saying he didn’t mean to stare, and that he only wants me, and so on. He also says it’s because of his diagnosis that he’s acting like this. So autism makes guys stare at other girls and flirt with other girls even though he is in a relationship? 

Maybe it does? That’s why I’ve come here to ask hopefully other adults who have autism. 

Thank you in advanve.

Parents
  • Not all personally I'm introvert and never had a relationship eye contact and staring is something we usually try and avoid but I'm ASD ADHD rather than Asperger's. It depends on how they were raised its not due to there autism I know a few Asperger's in the past who have been this way inclined granted and even I found them to be creepy or inappropriate when it came to women. But again it's due to nature nurture and the way they've been bought up. If there not taught any different then they don't know any different and lack the boundaries most of us understand. Can't be blamed on the Autism. Why I tend not to associate with other Asperger's because the few I've come across are the sort that would land you in deep water through association. As harsh as that sounds this is just from my exsperiance nothing personal against all Asperger's. As most Asperger's are very kind freindly but just miss understood and get them selves into trouble with out meaning too. It's not entirely there fault either. They have to be told what there doing is inappropriate or upsetting you or ellse they won't realise. I'm ASD myself but as I mentioned I've been around enough in the past to understand how the come across but like I said not all Autistic males are like that and personally I don't like seeing our name dragged through the mud as autistic males get enough bad press as it. 

• Not all personally I'm introvert and never had a relationship eye contact and staring is something we usually try and avoid but I'm ASD ADHD rather than Asperger's. It depends on how they were raised its not due to there autism I know a few Asperger's in the past who have been this way inclined granted and even I found them to be creepy or inappropriate when it came to women. But again it's due to nature nurture and the way they've been bought up. If there not taught any different then they don't know any different and lack the boundaries most of us understand. Can't be blamed on the Autism. Why I tend not to associate with other Asperger's because the few I've come across are the sort that would land you in deep water through association. As harsh as that sounds this is just from my exsperiance nothing personal against all Asperger's. As most Asperger's are very kind freindly but just miss understood and get them selves into trouble with out meaning too. It's not entirely there fault either. They have to be told what there doing is inappropriate or upsetting you or ellse they won't realise. I'm ASD myself but as I mentioned I've been around enough in the past to understand how the come across but like I said not all Autistic males are like that and personally I don't like seeing our name dragged through the mud as autistic males get enough bad press as it. 

Children
No Data