When do autistic traits become autism

HI

have been told that I have a number of autistic traits, but have also been told that they don't necessarily make me autistic.

So when do my autistic traits make me autistic or are at least enough for me to seek help or an assesment.

Cheers

Mark

Parents
  • I would take a guess that it is when the traits are in all areas needed for the autism spectrum. In my assessment they looked at 4 areas - social interaction, social communication, sensory and rigid/inflexible thought. For a diagnosis I had to have difficulties in each of these areas. I think it might also depend on how much impact the traits have on you.

The online aq test can be a good indicator as to whether to seek an assessment.

• I would take a guess that it is when the traits are in all areas needed for the autism spectrum. In my assessment they looked at 4 areas - social interaction, social communication, sensory and rigid/inflexible thought. For a diagnosis I had to have difficulties in each of these areas. I think it might also depend on how much impact the traits have on you.

The online aq test can be a good indicator as to whether to seek an assessment.

Children