When do autistic traits become autism

HI

have been told that I have a number of autistic traits, but have also been told that they don't necessarily make me autistic.

So when do my autistic traits make me autistic or are at least enough for me to seek help or an assesment.

Cheers

Mark

Parents
  • I'm in the same boat at the moment. Having been reading up on Autism over the last few years I relate to so much traits, I'm pretty sure I am on the spectrum even without an official diagnosis. I haven't really spoke about it to my wife as it doesn't really affect my life, but it does make it more difficult and draining. I was just reading an article on introverts and extroverts and I'm definitely the introvert. Spending time with too many people drains my energy to a point I need to walk away and re-charge.

I'm starting to think that if my diagnosis was official, friends and certain family members would accept my odd behaviour and personality and I would probably feel more relaxed about social situations as I could just be myself.

• I'm in the same boat at the moment. Having been reading up on Autism over the last few years I relate to so much traits, I'm pretty sure I am on the spectrum even without an official diagnosis. I haven't really spoke about it to my wife as it doesn't really affect my life, but it does make it more difficult and draining. I was just reading an article on introverts and extroverts and I'm definitely the introvert. Spending time with too many people drains my energy to a point I need to walk away and re-charge.

I'm starting to think that if my diagnosis was official, friends and certain family members would accept my odd behaviour and personality and I would probably feel more relaxed about social situations as I could just be myself.

Children