Mini rant

I know ranting won't change or achieve anything, but I feel I just need to get this off my chest before I end up screaming at someone.

Why are people so bloody selfish and impulsive?  It drives me crackers as I fail to understand the logic behind it.  When I spend more time on my own, it's then that I realise how much I bottle up the frustrations other people cause me.

For example, I have been away from home recently and I live in a row of houses where we all have one parking space and there is a small path access to the houses.  On returning home I have realised that the neighbors have for some reason have taken upon themselves to battle amongst themselves to slowly try and conquer the parking area, by parking over their areas, having more than one car in the parking area and generally causing havoc.  No one will confront each other and instead they keep playing this pointless game like chess, taking it in turn to make moves to block each other in/take over the area.  Because I haven't been around to witness this full game play out, my parking spot has now been consumed and the access path to my house blocked by bins and plant pots.  It is all pointless and ridiculous.  Everyone knows what they are entitled to and agreed to that when choosing to live in their house - I wish they would just respect everyone's rights and none of this nonsense would be happening.

On top of this I then have multiple people putting their impulsive actions upon me when I have made it clear I have made plans - if I don't drop everything to go ahead with their new whim/decision that has appeared out of the blue, I am made to feel guilty or selfish.  This often happens when I am feeling particularly burnout and just want to relax and unwind.  I have made plans - to relax, why is that so hard for anyone to understand and respect.  Then there is the disrespect on our personal spaces.  I like to keep my environment in a particular way to feel calm and relaxed, but other people don't seem to respect this and insist on messing things up, moving things and generally meddling.  Eurgh - people should learn to respect people's things, spaces and rights more.  Rant over!  :-)

Parents
  • My current annoyance is the postman who refuses to close the front gate when delivering mail.  Always leaves it wide open.  I am slowly moving to the point of putting a sign on the front of the house saying "Why do you find it so hard to close the gate???".  I am forever going out and closing it.  As for chimps fighting over territory, I try to ignore it, it's a waste of energy.

Starbuck, your rant was enjoyable to read and so true.

• Glad it brought some enjoyment to your day.  I can also relate to your postman issue.  There is a courier that for some reason finds it too difficult to operate a simple wooden gate.  It is quite clear which way the gate opens due to the hinges and placement of the latch, yet for some reason this particular courier continued to wrestle with my gate to force it open the wrong way until they actually damaged the latch through brute force....

I ended up putting a stronger latch and metal stop plate on the gate to stop them wrestling with it - my hope was they might go at it full pelt and end up smacking themselves in the face as they try to open it the wrong way.  Sometimes you have to learn the hard way!

• There is a dark side to you Starbuck. I am making a mental note to self not to upset you!! Joy 

Reply Children
No Data