Processing emotions

Hello all 

I am writing a post on processing emotions today - just reaching out find out some techniques some use, good books to look into. I have non existence understanding of processing emotions. The only time I know I am feeling something is when I have tears, or I have an outburst, but then I still don’t know why.

Wishing you all well and hope to hear back from you!

Parents
  •  I do feel emotions, but I often have to write my thoughts down to trigger them, I don't know why. It seems to "open the floodgates." Sometimes they come out a lot stronger than I was expecting. It can be about something recent, but also works on events from my past. (not just negative emotions, positive ones as well.) It feels like it was nearly all on hold until that point.

Music can set me off as well, so I deliberately use music to improve my mood. I also search for happy or inspiring images online, and use them as my desktop background. (Mostly nature pictures, with occasional pokemon.) Every little helps.

•  I do feel emotions, but I often have to write my thoughts down to trigger them, I don't know why. It seems to "open the floodgates." Sometimes they come out a lot stronger than I was expecting. It can be about something recent, but also works on events from my past. (not just negative emotions, positive ones as well.) It feels like it was nearly all on hold until that point.

Music can set me off as well, so I deliberately use music to improve my mood. I also search for happy or inspiring images online, and use them as my desktop background. (Mostly nature pictures, with occasional pokemon.) Every little helps.

Children
No Data