Disgusted

https://www.autism.org.uk/about/adult-life/resources/asperger-united/new-name.aspx

If the folk at the NAS are so easily swayed by some whiny emoting from a tiny minority of folk that seek to deny history, I don't know that I can be bothered to read the thing any more. 

There was nothing wrong with the old name. It matched my diagnosis. 

To avoid a load of pointless arguing, no, I really don't care what Asperger did, or whether he ate peeled, salted babies for his breakfast. 

On a balance scale between logic and fact, versus the emotional burden of the entire human race throughout history, logic and facts must tip the scales every single time, or humanity is lost. 

Yes, some people won't like it. So what?

Parents
  • The other problem is there is no option to keep the existing name in the survey (so it is already biased)

Please choose your favourite from the list below *

• ASC United
    • Autismo
    • Autism United
    • Autistic Licence
    • Autistic Times
    • Autistic United
    • Autistic Voice
    • Autistic World
    • Aut-ternative Universe
    • Living on the Spectrum
    • On the Spectrum
    • Spectrum United
    • The Spectrum
    • United Together

My Sister works as a carer for people with learning difficulties and she considers me to have Asperger's but NOT autism!  Changing the name now would serve no purpose (other than satisfying the NTs at HQ swayed by propaganda).  In my tally book, the pros far outweigh the cons for Hans Asperger - he, alone with his name, has done more for Autism than almost everybody else.

I'm proud to be Autistic, and I'm proud to be Asperger's, and I'm United!

• The other problem is there is no option to keep the existing name in the survey (so it is already biased)

Please choose your favourite from the list below *

• ASC United
    • Autismo
    • Autism United
    • Autistic Licence
    • Autistic Times
    • Autistic United
    • Autistic Voice
    • Autistic World
    • Aut-ternative Universe
    • Living on the Spectrum
    • On the Spectrum
    • Spectrum United
    • The Spectrum
    • United Together

My Sister works as a carer for people with learning difficulties and she considers me to have Asperger's but NOT autism!  Changing the name now would serve no purpose (other than satisfying the NTs at HQ swayed by propaganda).  In my tally book, the pros far outweigh the cons for Hans Asperger - he, alone with his name, has done more for Autism than almost everybody else.

I'm proud to be Autistic, and I'm proud to be Asperger's, and I'm United!

Children
  • So 14 suggestions!

which I find most are offensive or demeaning.

And so what each means to me.

not intended to cause upset,,just how I perceive each suggestion.

• ASC United-Football Team?
    • Autismo-Magician?
    • Autism United- A sports team?
    • Autistic Licence-To close to “Artistic”!
    • Autistic Times-Broadsheet newspaper?(imagine the cross word puzzle)
    • Autistic United-Sports Team(again)? Yawn!
    • Autistic Voice- ?...quite or misheard, not understood?
    • Autistic World- tell me where it is please I want to go there now.
    • Aut-ternative Universe- Taking the Micky surely?
    • Living on the Spectrum- struggling to exist on the spectrum?
    • On the Spectrum- Just not where on it as it is harder to distinguish now.( was not correct anyway,,,high low,,,all the same but in different ways.
    • Spectrum United- yawn,!
    • The Spectrum- Early sixties tv show, misterons and puppets for characters?
    • United Together- Group hug !!!!!! Run like the wind.!
  • Agreed. The poll seems heavily biased and I also think that the original name should still be an option. Really hope that the NAS moderators will take a look at this post.