Lisbeth Salander, the portrayal of aspergers in the Millenium trilogy by Steig Larsson

Has anyone read these books? I have got them at home and plan to read them soon. Good to see a woman with Aspergers in a work of fiction.

Parents
  • I have read the three books. The character of Lisbeth has a very extreme history of childhood trauma. I cannot remember any description of her having sensory problems. However, her reactions to events, wanting to solve problems entirely on her own and by extreme means, do have autistic resonances for me. She certainly displays hyper-focus to the extent of not remembering to eat, at times. She also has problems forming friendships and relationships. Larsson avoids definitive labels, I think wisely. If I were forced to make a guess, I would say that she was autistic with a strong overlay of PTSD.

• I have read the three books. The character of Lisbeth has a very extreme history of childhood trauma. I cannot remember any description of her having sensory problems. However, her reactions to events, wanting to solve problems entirely on her own and by extreme means, do have autistic resonances for me. She certainly displays hyper-focus to the extent of not remembering to eat, at times. She also has problems forming friendships and relationships. Larsson avoids definitive labels, I think wisely. If I were forced to make a guess, I would say that she was autistic with a strong overlay of PTSD.

Children
No Data