Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

Parents
  • After months of procrastination, I finally contacted my GP surgery for an appointment so I can ask for a referral for possible Asperger's syndrome. Usually you have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a non urgent appointment, but the receptionist has booked me in for next Monday afternoon (*OMG*), feeling nervous but hoping for a successful start.

• So pleased for you. Are you planning on taking AQ scores etc with you? I asked for a referral from my GP the other week. Luckily it was over the phone, my old GP has just retired so I hadn’t met the new doctor so there wasn’t any pre-conceptions from either party. 

The GP had phoned for another reason (it had been flagged to him that I was suffering MH difficulties so he called to see what support could be offered). The final few sentences of the conversation was me blurting out that I was struggling partly due to suspected autism so he explained that he would refer me and that they would send out a batch of questionnaires. I asked if that included an AQ questionnaire. He asked if I’d completed one before and knew my score. Yes, I said, and 45/50.

The reason I suggest bring AQ scores is in case your nerves cause you to clam up and so you have something to “show” in case you can’t speak.

well done and best wishes 

• Thanks, yes, I have AQ test results, also a letter  describing other things which made me think I might be autistic and why I want to know, in case nerves get the better of me.

• Yay!... so what changed his mind? So well being doing this together! Keep in touch 

• Hi, Ellie, just wanted to let you know that after a return visit to my GP he is now happy to refer me to the Asperger's service in Norwich. It happened a little while ago, and I was going to hold back from telling anyone until I heard from them, but have realised it could be a long wait. Best wishes.

• Yay... x

just sad that you’re going to have to battle a bit harder

Reply Children