My partner won’t...

I’m currently happily engaged to my partner who has high functioning autism but even though we have been together for eight years he can’t seem to get comfortable enough to do his ticks  in front of me, is any body else currently going through this part of me feels bad/sad that he cant  express himself in front of me. I always give him time by himself of a night so he can let it all out. 

Parents
  • Maybe he doesn’t want to. I wouldn’t want to do my ticks in front of people, no matter how much I love them. I’m a bit confused as to why you want him to? 

• I really understand the author.

If I would like someone as a partner, I might like and really enjoy seeing the partner expressing completely naturally in front of me.

But, of course, if he does not want, it is different and, I guess, the partner should respect that. I would be a little bit upset too but I would not press the partner into doing that. I guess, I would keep encouraging the partner to open and say if I like and enjoy something the partner does.

I would be really pleased if the partner would like and enjoy my ticks.

• In no way shape or form am I pressing him Thank  you for replying I’m very much thinking like california where I just want him to be able to express himself freely in front of me, I have spoken to him recently about it and he has said he’s never done them in front of anyone regardless of how much he gets on with that’s just how hes comfortable so I have respected that 100% I have just let him know after the conversation that if he does ever want to express himself in front of me it’s not gonna bother me as he believes it may bother me. Once again thank you for your reply. 

• In no way shape or form am I pressing him Thank  you for replying I’m very much thinking like california where I just want him to be able to express himself freely in front of me, I have spoken to him recently about it and he has said he’s never done them in front of anyone regardless of how much he gets on with that’s just how hes comfortable so I have respected that 100% I have just let him know after the conversation that if he does ever want to express himself in front of me it’s not gonna bother me as he believes it may bother me. Once again thank you for your reply. 

Children
No Data