Which job sectors do people work in ?

Hi, 

Just out of curiosity, which job sectors do people currently work in, or have worked in, in the past? 

I work in adult social care, specifically learning disabilities /ASC, after exploring numerous other sectors that turned out to be ill suited to my motivation, social and preferred working styles (theatre / film /tv, admin. temping,  call centres (yuck !), harvest work). 

Parents
  • I do freelance TESOL  teaching from home mainly these days, working with both adults and children. I once did interview training skills trainings to doctors who wanted to emigrate. I also do proof readings, even translations of simple texts and documents. 

Whilst still in the UK I did readings at psychic fairs, using tarot and astrology. I used to teach astrology at the local uni too, until the hard-line science brigade noticed and pulled the plug on undergraduates being able to use this as part of a module. The 90's recession hit that badly though, it hit most things badly. I disliked the way a lot of amateur astronomers try to get into your head though and the theosophical underpinnings of it all. 

The most important thing on my life is my creative/artistic path and I hope to be able to attend more fairs in the future and to find better galleries to promote this, as well as to reach the kind of peoe who respond to what I do.

• That sounds great nexus9. I hope to see you at a fair one day, to get a reading  and to see your work in one of the gallaries :-) 

Reply Children
No Data