Best employers for autistic people

Any thoughts? What about the 'Big 4': PWC, EY, Deloitte, KPMG? 

Parents
  • I find education (as support staff in a small-ish school) ideal from an AS perpective.

• Highly structured days
    • Small, very community-centered workforce
    • Colleagues who are already trained in autism awareness as part of their job
    • Rewarding work in my area of interest (the faculty I chose to be in)
    • 'By rote' enough for me to know exactly what I'm doing, but varied enough to stop me getting bored (I have a massive tendency to boredom, my brain just goes odd if it's not distracted, so this is really important for me)
    • The opportunity to share knowledge on my areas of interest (with other staff or pupils)
    • The opportunity to share information about autism and provide a bit of advocacy for the pupils who are also on the spectrum (obvs not everyone is as open about it as I am, but I find that aspect rewarding and staff seem to appreciate having the 'insider perspective')
    • Regular holidays, regularly spaced out and long enough to recuperate after several weeks' work, that I don't have to book for myself

I really lucked into my niche when I left university!

• I find education (as support staff in a small-ish school) ideal from an AS perpective.

• Highly structured days
    • Small, very community-centered workforce
    • Colleagues who are already trained in autism awareness as part of their job
    • Rewarding work in my area of interest (the faculty I chose to be in)
    • 'By rote' enough for me to know exactly what I'm doing, but varied enough to stop me getting bored (I have a massive tendency to boredom, my brain just goes odd if it's not distracted, so this is really important for me)
    • The opportunity to share knowledge on my areas of interest (with other staff or pupils)
    • The opportunity to share information about autism and provide a bit of advocacy for the pupils who are also on the spectrum (obvs not everyone is as open about it as I am, but I find that aspect rewarding and staff seem to appreciate having the 'insider perspective')
    • Regular holidays, regularly spaced out and long enough to recuperate after several weeks' work, that I don't have to book for myself

I really lucked into my niche when I left university!

Children
  • Yup. I'm the same. I work in a complex needs school as support in the maths department. I started off as a volunteer 16 years ago and through on the job training manged to achieve a level 4 in learning support and now often teach in the absence of the teacher. Its a great place to work for all the reasons outlined above by Emma

• I also teach, so I know what you’re saying.

ideally, my dream employer would pay me an give me space to flourish