Question for adult diagnosees

Hi all,

I'm an adult in England and I had my through-the-NHS assessment a few weeks ago where the psychologist confirmed to me I was autistic.

Since then though I haven't heard or received anything in the post about it either from the assessor or my Doctors so I was wondering how long this usually takes? From what I have read I am meant to be sent a report?

Thank you in advance for any answers

Parents
  • I had my assessment and diagnosis of AS on Friday - I went private (although I did consult my doctor) as the NHS waiting time in my area is apparently 18 months. Assessment seems to be a contracted out service here. I got given a "summary" letter to take away with me which is the kind of thing you can show an employer. It's actually generic rather than specific to me, but is scarily accurate! My psychologist said 3-4 weeks for the draft report to be sent to me, and I can then comment on that before the full report gets sent to me and my GP.

• I had my assessment and diagnosis of AS on Friday - I went private (although I did consult my doctor) as the NHS waiting time in my area is apparently 18 months. Assessment seems to be a contracted out service here. I got given a "summary" letter to take away with me which is the kind of thing you can show an employer. It's actually generic rather than specific to me, but is scarily accurate! My psychologist said 3-4 weeks for the draft report to be sent to me, and I can then comment on that before the full report gets sent to me and my GP.

Children
No Data