Food issues

Hi all,

I was wondering if i could describe the issues ive had with eating in general all my life, and see if it rings bells with anyone?  Basically i go through spells of not being able to eat because food doesnt "look" right, it doesnt look how i think it should look - either the shape, colour or texture just doesnt feel like it should. Also if the packaging isnt perfect, or isnt how it normally looks - then i just cant process it, its like a total block and i end up feeling like theres just too much information whizzing through my head.  Other times i seem to be able to get past it - but thats not so often.  Im waiting for my assessment, likely itll be a while, but my food problems are one of the longest and most intrusive problems and one of the main ones that made me seek help

Thanks all

Parents
  • I have had food issues all my life but not to the extent you describe. things like, fried eggs musn't have even the tiniest bit of white still runny but the yolks have to be runny. I can't bear gravy all over my veg, just a little on my meat but even then it can't be Bisto, it has to be 'proper' gravy. Before I put vegetables on the plate I lay them on kitchen towel for a minute or two - especially broccoli - as sometimes water runs out of them and having any level of water on my plate turns my stomach. I have to drink drinks out of particular mugs; I have a tea mug, a Horlicks mug, and 3 coffe mugs depending on whether is is cappucino or not and the time of day. I have to 'eat' cup a soup from a mug with a spoon etcetc

• I have had food issues all my life but not to the extent you describe. things like, fried eggs musn't have even the tiniest bit of white still runny but the yolks have to be runny. I can't bear gravy all over my veg, just a little on my meat but even then it can't be Bisto, it has to be 'proper' gravy. Before I put vegetables on the plate I lay them on kitchen towel for a minute or two - especially broccoli - as sometimes water runs out of them and having any level of water on my plate turns my stomach. I have to drink drinks out of particular mugs; I have a tea mug, a Horlicks mug, and 3 coffe mugs depending on whether is is cappucino or not and the time of day. I have to 'eat' cup a soup from a mug with a spoon etcetc

Children