What will happen

What is likely to happen at my assessment? It is a private assesssment. I already did the questionnaires, now we have an appointment for a face to face. They said it will last 3 hours and they’ll make a diagnosis at the end.

• Hi Lellynelly,

It'll probably be more questions - either asking questions about your preferences (to screen the ASD) or asking about your history, family, school etc.

Much love <3

• Hi there, I have never gone though a private assessment. But, if this helps usually might ask you various questions regarding your life whether it be education, family life, hobbies or activities, social life, mood (to name a few). Maybe have another professional e.g. psychologist. Best of luck with your private assessment. Sorry, I couldn't be much help.

• I can't say exactly, but my assessment/diagnosis was over two sessions: one to take a history about how you developed as a child and any particular autistic experiences (like special interests, bullying) - so answering questions about the past and present mostly. Then there's a practical test doing a variety of tasks with the assessor. On the NHS this is the ADOS-2 test. If you're going private it could be DISCO.

I hope it goes well.