Does anyone else hate the term 'meltdown'?

I can't stand it...I think it's such an invalidating term, and as a 21-year-old woman I hate it when it's applied to me and my behaviour because it sounds like people are referring to a toddler tantrum: 'meltdown' sounds too frivolous a term for what is such a distressing experience for many people. However, most autistic people I've spoken to don't seem to mind it and freely apply it to themselves, so I'd be really interested to hear what people on here think.

Anyway...I hope you've all had a lovely bank holiday and that you have a good week. :)

Parents
  • I'm not against it, its sure easier to say than anxiety attack, and whenever i think anxiety attack I always get a flashback of that time where I called 999 because i thought i was having a heart attack, this was before the nhs 111 service btw which would have spent less resources because in the end it was just dehydration.

• I'm not against it, its sure easier to say than anxiety attack, and whenever i think anxiety attack I always get a flashback of that time where I called 999 because i thought i was having a heart attack, this was before the nhs 111 service btw which would have spent less resources because in the end it was just dehydration.

Children
No Data