Lots of issues. I need more support.

I feel that I should be living in a supported unit with staff. I don't get enough care at home. My social worker doesn't listen and hardly contacts me. I am terrified of a dental appointment that I need to go to on Thursday. Crying all the time and feeling distressed because of it. I have no food in at home at the moment. I missed my shopping day last Wednesday. I hardly have any money. What can I do?. 

Parents
  • I hope you can find some help and, as per Martian Tom's recommendation, I think the best first step might be your GP. They can refer you to all sorts of help. Your social worker sounds like a dud. Would you be able to request someone else? I know with counsellors you can ask to switch to another if you don't feel ok with them so I hope it's the same with social workers too.

With regard to your dental appointment, I was wondering if you could cancel it. Last time I went for treatment I was feeling very bad and the whole half hour was just a meltdown of me crying and being wholly unable to have any treatment. Unless you need work doing urgently it may be best to postpone it if you can. My last trip has made me even more fearful of returning and I wouldn't like this to potentially happen to you, too.

Good luck getting some food and sorting things out. You're clearly having a very tough time right now and I'm sorry.

• I hope you can find some help and, as per Martian Tom's recommendation, I think the best first step might be your GP. They can refer you to all sorts of help. Your social worker sounds like a dud. Would you be able to request someone else? I know with counsellors you can ask to switch to another if you don't feel ok with them so I hope it's the same with social workers too.

With regard to your dental appointment, I was wondering if you could cancel it. Last time I went for treatment I was feeling very bad and the whole half hour was just a meltdown of me crying and being wholly unable to have any treatment. Unless you need work doing urgently it may be best to postpone it if you can. My last trip has made me even more fearful of returning and I wouldn't like this to potentially happen to you, too.

Good luck getting some food and sorting things out. You're clearly having a very tough time right now and I'm sorry.

Children
  • Hathor, what kind of treatment did you need?. I know that I will also have a meltdown when I go there. It's all traumatizing to me. I'm scared that there is something serious wrong though.

• Thanks for your replies. I have Asperger's Syndrome. I do struggle a lot. I live alone in a council flat which I hate. No offense to others who live in council  flats but it isn't right for me. I only get care from 11am until 12pm or 1pm and I am left alone the rest of the day. I panic about everything all the time.

I am having problems with my teeth and gums which I have had for years. I constantly think about it, always looking in the mirror at them, having meltdowns over them and about going to the dentists. I also have a phobia of brushing them and haven't done for a long time which I am ashamed to say. I think speaking to the GP is a good idea. I also have low vitamin D and anaemia at the moment too. I am on medication for them and I am on prozac.