Not sure who i am any more

Since I got my diagnosis a few weeks ago,, (aged 51 female for those that don't know me) I'm not sure who i am. I have struggled always, masked most of the time an had catastrophic mental health problems but also raised a family of 5 children got a degree and held a professional job for 20 years untill i became too ill.

I don't know how to be me. How to not mask, I can do all of nothing, mask or curl up in a ball. Stay in bed or up but I'm my nighty or go out and be that ever coping mother/ house wife etc. This is not working for me it messed with my head being the super masked woman, I need to not be her, but how do I be someone else that isn't just a fat blob in a bed rocking.

I'm NOT feeling suicidal at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of point to it all. 

How do I become me?

Parents Reply Children
  • You are also amazing song,,,sharing your issues gives much help and support by highlighting what many here go through, not everyone has the ability to actually put their thoughts down on here, I am sure each and everyone of us sharing our troubles gives help and support from knowing we are not alone, and that there are ways to cope,,,I often read threads and try to think what to say that might just help,,,while I am desperately thinking about how to phrase it so it comes across ok someone replies with a really good answer, I might know how others feel but not always able to put across my words.

You started this thread and it has given many answers to me and maybe others.

Take care now.

x()x