Employed Temporarily Only To Fulfil A Legal Condition?

"Employed Temporarily Only To Fulfil A Legal Condition?"

I am asking for the the opinions of others, here, about that Title. Before I was afflicted with multiple Illnesses, the following ritual used to happen to me a lot:
1 - They <>say: 'If you want your "Benefits" to continue, you will do as we say. We have a "Work Placement" for you.'
2 - Everyone is very supportive, smiling, positive, encouraging.
3 - Upon the Job, everyone is friendly, supportive, filling in for what I do not know.
4 - Suddenly! Very suddenly!... After A day, a week, or a month... suddenly, these same persons are oddly hostile, intolerant, and at times even asking me to do things which I cannot do...
5 - ...However... Even when I do the asked thing correctly, and even show initiative, it is dismissed, nit-picked, "shot down", or ignored.
6 - I am continually asked to do things which I am not qualified to do. It is as if they are finding some reason to get rid of me - *but they must make myself be the cause of it*...?
7 - When I quit, due to some outside reason (in my own case, multiple illnesses), they are eager again, only to make certain that the reason for my quitting is "nothing which they have done". It has to be something which "I myself or someone else has done"...?

To close, I shall say, for one thing, that I am of a certain "Ethnic Minority"... and I have seen the same thing happen to others like myself. The Gaining of miraculous "Perks" one day... and then suddenly outright hostility the the next day.

What I am asking is how much it is TRUE that some Companies must employ a certain person in order to continue themselves (Funding or whatever)...?

Age - or Gender - or Race - or Disability. (Not necessarily all of those and maybe just one.)

Thank You for reading this far.

Parents
  • I've worked for both private companies and public organisations. I'm from a mix of several ethnicities. I always have to put "other" as my race on a form when asked. I'd say that public organisations are far more concerned with quotas. I used to work at a Council and they had to operate with strict quotas. I don't know about private companies. I live in a city where pretty much any job you do is ethnically diverse. Both the private companies and public organisations were about representative of my cities demographic. I don't know how it works in mandatory work placements though. It's actually an interesting question. They might buff out the figures. I'd imagine that they are more than glad to exploit the cheap labour of anyone.

• I've worked for both private companies and public organisations. I'm from a mix of several ethnicities. I always have to put "other" as my race on a form when asked. I'd say that public organisations are far more concerned with quotas. I used to work at a Council and they had to operate with strict quotas. I don't know about private companies. I live in a city where pretty much any job you do is ethnically diverse. Both the private companies and public organisations were about representative of my cities demographic. I don't know how it works in mandatory work placements though. It's actually an interesting question. They might buff out the figures. I'd imagine that they are more than glad to exploit the cheap labour of anyone.

Children
No Data