pathological demand avoidance

Are there any adults on here with PDA?  I'd really like to hear more about how this manifests.  I've read the stuff on it on the site.  What kinds of avoidance might be included in the condition and how severe does it get? Does it include everything or only certain activities for you?  Would you include a "rigid reluctance to engage in life for your own benefit" beyond the avoidance of suggestions from others? Or is it very specific? Thanks.

Parents
  • Well I don't know whether you are still visiting the site, but I think I have some aspects of this condition.  The "rigid reluctance" thing (I didn't see that, where was it on the site?) certainly applies to me.  I don't really avoid things other people ask me to do, as long as they ask and don't demand, but trying to get myself to do things is difficult.

• Well I don't know whether you are still visiting the site, but I think I have some aspects of this condition.  The "rigid reluctance" thing (I didn't see that, where was it on the site?) certainly applies to me.  I don't really avoid things other people ask me to do, as long as they ask and don't demand, but trying to get myself to do things is difficult.

Children