Undateables!

On more 4 now, has two people with autism.

not sure if it can be watched on catchup or similar?

no idea if it is a representation of real life or just sensationalised? I have watched a few before and it can unite individuals that go in to share their lives together.

x()x

12/04/2018,

time now 22:54.

Parents
  • As a programme, I hope it helps raise awareness of the diversity of people... but I hate the term “undateable”.... 

....trying to think now of an alternative name..

is it quite a patronising programme...are we just meant to think... ooo bless them? 

• my thoughts exactly

• how about is a programme titile... (but its not catchy...)

"People who do not easily conform to fixed societal expectations of normality trying to jump through the hoops of western cultures characterisation of courtship and relationships"

• Do you think that it is an idea in terms of raising awareness a good thing though.... i.e. an issue of the method and not the message...

...in terms of those "undateables" are also human and share humanities desire to connect and seek solace with others?

• that sounds more appropriate - i find that show so problematic, it pushes the idea of segregation and inequality, like we're nothing more than zoo animals

Reply Children
  • Do you think that it is an idea in terms of raising awareness a good thing though.... i.e. an issue of the method and not the message...

...in terms of those "undateables" are also human and share humanities desire to connect and seek solace with others?