Feel lonely

Hello 

My names is Janusz and I’m in the process of self diagnosis. 

I’m also recovering addict and now I’m sober for 7 months. I feel that addiction was my coping mechanism for various issues so now I’m sober I find life very difficult. I’m not saying that I’m not happy with that I’m sober but it all came back at me. 

When I share my challenges I’m accused by people close to me that I’m preparing another relaps. 

So I don’t like sharing anything 

Does anybody here got some experience in relation to my situation? 

I genuily feel lonely. 

Janusz 

Parents
  • It is very sad to hear such words from a man who has just conquered his addiction. I especially understand the pain of feeling like you can't share anything and constantly feeling lonely, even when there are people around you. I experienced the same thing when I was younger. I had an addiction, too, and my family were not at all sympathetic when I tried to tell them it was hard to quit because it helped me cope. I think you should look for an online help community. That is what helped me find the support I needed. I think there are a lot of kind and sociable people there and you will definitely find support there.

• It is very sad to hear such words from a man who has just conquered his addiction. I especially understand the pain of feeling like you can't share anything and constantly feeling lonely, even when there are people around you. I experienced the same thing when I was younger. I had an addiction, too, and my family were not at all sympathetic when I tried to tell them it was hard to quit because it helped me cope. I think you should look for an online help community. That is what helped me find the support I needed. I think there are a lot of kind and sociable people there and you will definitely find support there.

Children
No Data