I want to understand about autistic adults difficulties which they face in workplace.

Hello everyone,

I am postgraduate student and I am working on a project to understand about

difficulties faced by autistic adults in their day to day life particularly in workplace.

By research, I came to know that autistic adults are facing a lot of problems in workplace,

but I am not clear about what exact problems they face. I want to create awareness

about their problems in offices so that they get maximum support at workplace. By doing so,

the gap between autistic adults and their colleagues may disappear.

Hopefully, everyone will start understanding them better. If anyone knows about it,

could you please help me in understanding about their problems?

Parents
  • I'm currently dealing with some issues which thankfully higher management are taking seriously. I was diagnosed 6 months ago *at 30*

I was off work for a day due to medications increase right after being off for two weeks when I tried to commit suicide. 

During my back to work meeting I was asked when i thought i was going to get better, why couldn't i give specifics to why I couldn't say if i could make every shift and had a medical professional said I was okay to have a job.  This would have been bad enough if I hadn't been working for this company with no complains apart form my absence level for 8 years. 

We work in teams and the one I'm in now barely speak to me. They talk behind me back when they think I cant hear them as have earphones in due to sensory issues around noise levels. They ignore me, exclude me from stupid things like anyone want anything from shop or canteen. I have ADD as well as autism so I know i'm an oddball and can be hard to work with but I'm extremely open and honest which apparently translates to attention seeking?

• I'm currently dealing with some issues which thankfully higher management are taking seriously. I was diagnosed 6 months ago *at 30*

I was off work for a day due to medications increase right after being off for two weeks when I tried to commit suicide. 

During my back to work meeting I was asked when i thought i was going to get better, why couldn't i give specifics to why I couldn't say if i could make every shift and had a medical professional said I was okay to have a job.  This would have been bad enough if I hadn't been working for this company with no complains apart form my absence level for 8 years. 

We work in teams and the one I'm in now barely speak to me. They talk behind me back when they think I cant hear them as have earphones in due to sensory issues around noise levels. They ignore me, exclude me from stupid things like anyone want anything from shop or canteen. I have ADD as well as autism so I know i'm an oddball and can be hard to work with but I'm extremely open and honest which apparently translates to attention seeking?

Children
No Data