I want to understand about autistic adults difficulties which they face in workplace.

Hello everyone,

I am postgraduate student and I am working on a project to understand about

difficulties faced by autistic adults in their day to day life particularly in workplace.

By research, I came to know that autistic adults are facing a lot of problems in workplace,

but I am not clear about what exact problems they face. I want to create awareness

about their problems in offices so that they get maximum support at workplace. By doing so,

the gap between autistic adults and their colleagues may disappear.

Hopefully, everyone will start understanding them better. If anyone knows about it,

could you please help me in understanding about their problems?

Parents
  • Autistic adults may come across different types of behaviours in a work environment.  These may consist of seemingly harmless jokes or - at the opposite side of the spectrum- persistent mental abuse and discrimination at the hand of their colleagues. This usually happens with the complicity functions generally designated to identify and eradicate these behaviours. Typically, the larger the company tolerating these behaviours the more difficult it is to eradicate them -  (with sophisticated coverups often implemented to avoid exposing these issues). While trade unions may not always be able  to provide support especially to those who have joined ex post facto, some advocacy group who can provide informal support to Autism individuals experiencing similar treatments. (Suggest this group watch the film ‘Spotlight’; then simply replace the Catholic Bishops with Senior Executives of companies failing to punish these behaviours ultimately allowing the culprits to perpetuate their abuses).

• Autistic adults may come across different types of behaviours in a work environment.  These may consist of seemingly harmless jokes or - at the opposite side of the spectrum- persistent mental abuse and discrimination at the hand of their colleagues. This usually happens with the complicity functions generally designated to identify and eradicate these behaviours. Typically, the larger the company tolerating these behaviours the more difficult it is to eradicate them -  (with sophisticated coverups often implemented to avoid exposing these issues). While trade unions may not always be able  to provide support especially to those who have joined ex post facto, some advocacy group who can provide informal support to Autism individuals experiencing similar treatments. (Suggest this group watch the film ‘Spotlight’; then simply replace the Catholic Bishops with Senior Executives of companies failing to punish these behaviours ultimately allowing the culprits to perpetuate their abuses).

Children