What would you like from a ASD Social Group

In lieu of appropriate social groups:  What would you like from a ASD social group?

i don’t do pubs and don’t like going out at night. 

So I thought cinema etc? 

Parents
  • I would like to find an Asperger's group which meets in my local area! (That would be a start.)

One which meets in the daytime once a month, due to evening travel being unavailable in my immediate area, would be best.

A warm, comfortable, indoor location with comfortable seating and refreshments available. No distractions, such as TV or crowds, and based on a casual conversational set-up but with the possibility for invited speakers. 

It would be nice to meet other people facing similar challenges and share experiences and resources. Pretty much a live version of this forum but with people who additionally understand the local geographical issues that make accessing most services out there pretty much impossible from here. 

• I would like to find an Asperger's group which meets in my local area! (That would be a start.)

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/community.aspx

(This is a Link to NAS. But I am not certain that I am being very helpfull in this Thread so far, I think...)

• Thank you , but the 'National' Autistic Society isn't quite as National as advertised and doesn't list any services or groups relating to Asperger's in my area (or even within a distance where I could travel there and back in one day easily). Maybe one day ... 

• I think I would be actually more interested in online groups rather than those where people meet and are close to each other physically.

Reply Children
No Data