What would you like from a ASD Social Group

In lieu of appropriate social groups:  What would you like from a ASD social group?

i don’t do pubs and don’t like going out at night. 

So I thought cinema etc? 

Parents
  • By our nature we are not predisposed to social groups. We have our own interests and dislikes, so a general social group based on our common characteristic of autism I think is going to have its difficulties.

General neurotypical social groups are not based around being neurotypical. Autistic people have the same interests as neurotypicals.This may be art, history, gardening, photography, or a sport.

I have in my time been a member of a photography club, not an autistic one. And my experience is that my autism did tend to create misunderstandings although I was not diagnosed at the time.If I joined such a predominantly NT group now I would not be afraid to declare my autism, in the basis it may prevent some misunderstandings.  A photography group to meet other autistic photographers may have possibilities for me to meet others, as might an autistic steam railway group of historic buildings group..

However I think forums such as this are very much a way of interacting with other autistic people.We choose which topics to put our ideas and views to, we generally respect other views and we have time to consider what to say and not feeling obliged to say anything if we don't want to. And as such I find it far more enjoyable.

• I also have to say that by my nature I am not predisposed to social groups.

I also think forums such as this are very much a way of interacting with other autistic people.

I also need time to consider what to say and not feeling obliged to say anything if we don't want to. And I also find it far more enjoyable than talking to other in person.

I think I should stick with online groups like this one. I do not think that social groups are for me, really.

• I also have to say that by my nature I am not predisposed to social groups.

I also think forums such as this are very much a way of interacting with other autistic people.

I also need time to consider what to say and not feeling obliged to say anything if we don't want to. And I also find it far more enjoyable than talking to other in person.

I think I should stick with online groups like this one. I do not think that social groups are for me, really.

Children
No Data