Are there any women here?

Hi, I’m new to the forum and want to know if there are any women here online (I’m a  female professional in my early 40s). From reading some posts you are out there but kind of in the minority....I am hoping to seek diagnosis very soon and would appreciate knowing I’m not alone out here..! Thank you

Parents
  • Hi, I'm here too. Also in Belgium.  I'm 45, got diagnosed two years ago. I still struggle with understanding my diagnosis. On some days I feel I just need to pull myself together and get going and sort out my life, that ASD is no excuse  - on other days I am grateful I am starting to understand the way I feel (feeling awful after social occasions, for example - even though I love being sociable). I also have ADHD, which makes that on the one hand I pursue stimulation, but on the other hand it tires me and I can't handle it. I generally feel disappointed that my life didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. At the moment I also have energy issues (ME?), I was also infected with Lyme disease several years ago now. Good luck with seeking diagnosis! 

• Hi, I'm here too. Also in Belgium.  I'm 45, got diagnosed two years ago. I still struggle with understanding my diagnosis. On some days I feel I just need to pull myself together and get going and sort out my life, that ASD is no excuse  - on other days I am grateful I am starting to understand the way I feel (feeling awful after social occasions, for example - even though I love being sociable). I also have ADHD, which makes that on the one hand I pursue stimulation, but on the other hand it tires me and I can't handle it. I generally feel disappointed that my life didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. At the moment I also have energy issues (ME?), I was also infected with Lyme disease several years ago now. Good luck with seeking diagnosis! 

Children
No Data