Two minutes to midnight

Parents
  • That clock has been close to midnight my whole life. 69 years.

If they do start throwing nukes about I would hope one hit me on the head rather than a close miss killing me by a slow death from radiation.

In other circumstances such as an epidemic or climate change I am in a location where a subsistence existence could be possible for a time.

Private water supply gravity fed, sewage system , solar panels which could be modified to provide DC power in daylight hours, wood burner with back boiler for hot water and a gravity fed radiator. Problem is when other survivors notice that I (or whoever is living here)  would be run off or killed without doubt. When push comes to shove I would do the same but I am too old to put up much of a fight. I have no weapons apart from axes and knives.

I would hope my wine cellar was well stocked. :)

• This is a very old fact sheet DF5. I am sure modern technology has reduced the risk of accidents a lot.

• Well the first report confirms my statement that the protocols are under constant review but what is actually changed may not be what is reported by the press or even falsely reported for security reasons.

The fact that floppy discs are still used is no surprise and it does mean they cannot be hacked into.

Bye the way I own a DongFeng404 compact tractor. :)  Nice basic piece of kit with no electronics/computers aboard except the usual gauges for temp, oil pressure, fuel, RPM etc.

Nothing much to go wrong except mechanical breakdowns which are easily fixed with the right knowledge and technical backup. I like it a lot.

And yes I am still sure:)

Take care, Laddie.

• Well the first report confirms my statement that the protocols are under constant review but what is actually changed may not be what is reported by the press or even falsely reported for security reasons.

The fact that floppy discs are still used is no surprise and it does mean they cannot be hacked into.

Bye the way I own a DongFeng404 compact tractor. :)  Nice basic piece of kit with no electronics/computers aboard except the usual gauges for temp, oil pressure, fuel, RPM etc.

Nothing much to go wrong except mechanical breakdowns which are easily fixed with the right knowledge and technical backup. I like it a lot.

And yes I am still sure:)

Take care, Laddie.

Children
No Data