Dating

I'm at the age now where I need a significant other in my life. I've been using POF for a while now and having no luck getting any responses from the hundred or so potentials. 

Any idea where I should go?

Parents
  • You are not alone.

I have the same problem.

I am also looking for a significant other in my life.

• I have a significant other, it's hard work. You never get the hang of those social clues that don t understand with strangers, I have a cat as well. If I had my time over i would just get the cat.

• Thank you for the reply and the suggestion.

I like cats.

So, you suggest the autistic people to have pets.

I guess, you are right - it would be easier to have a cat than a partner.

• humans are hard work, he comes in and you never know what he is going to be feeling, when you ask they don't always tell you and lots of other little and big things.

Yes, all those things are big problems and I would also struggle a lot with them.

I would be really sad if my partner would not tell me something. I would like to share everything.

Would it be more hard work with non-autistic person than autistic one?

The cat, he is there when you come in, right away wanting a stroke, he wants food at food time, he wants strokes and cuddles if you have taught him that it's appropriate, he listens to what I say and doesn't tell me I'm wrong. He will eat the same thing every day for a month. He doesn't give me a hard time if I'm still in my pjs  not been if I have been in them for a week.

This is really great! More suitable to the autistic people.

I just have a small problem with pets. I like everything to be clean.

• humans are hard work, he comes in and you never know what he is going to be feeling, when you ask they don't always tell you and lots of other little and big things.

Yes, all those things are big problems and I would also struggle a lot with them.

I would be really sad if my partner would not tell me something. I would like to share everything.

Would it be more hard work with non-autistic person than autistic one?

The cat, he is there when you come in, right away wanting a stroke, he wants food at food time, he wants strokes and cuddles if you have taught him that it's appropriate, he listens to what I say and doesn't tell me I'm wrong. He will eat the same thing every day for a month. He doesn't give me a hard time if I'm still in my pjs  not been if I have been in them for a week.

This is really great! More suitable to the autistic people.

I just have a small problem with pets. I like everything to be clean.

Children
No Data