Dating

I'm at the age now where I need a significant other in my life. I've been using POF for a while now and having no luck getting any responses from the hundred or so potentials. 

Any idea where I should go?

Parents Reply Children
  • I've come to that conclusion myself.  I'm much more content now living alone than I ever was in a relationship - despite the obvious downsides!

A favourite film of mine is 'Lonesome Jim', starring Casey Affleck.  In one scene, he asks his uncle if he has a girlfriend.

'No.  I use hookers.  They're cheaper!'

A nice bit of cynicism, that!

But I understand how it is for many people.  I know a lot of Aspies who are desperately lonely people.  And a desperately lonely Aspie is probably a lot more desperately lonely than the average NT.  We have a lot more hurdles to jump.

I think, if I did decide to try for another relationship, it could only be with certain understandings in place first.  Mainly - no cohabitation.  I know people who've sustained very successful relationships for many years, but by living apart.  Not hundreds of miles, necessarily - but apart nevertheless.  A chap I know in Devon has a great relationship with his partner, who lives 10 minutes' walk away.  That would do me!