Age and the practicality of seeking an assessment/diagnosis

I am 60. At what ages does there cease to be any practical point in seeking an assessment/dx? It's not as though I'm going to be able to reverse the damage of 4 decades of mistreatment is it?

Parents
  • Another way of looking at it is that the more there are diagnosed, the more the Gvt can see there are needs to meet. 

Yes, diagnosis doesn't turn the clocks back, it can't change anything. Knowing goes some way to understanding and dealing with it. 

I saw an article somewhere that it gets worse with age, so, if I may have a flippant moment, you could offer yourself to science as a medical case study!  Case A001. 

• Another way of looking at it is that the more there are diagnosed, the more the Gvt can see there are needs to meet. 

Yes, diagnosis doesn't turn the clocks back, it can't change anything. Knowing goes some way to understanding and dealing with it. 

I saw an article somewhere that it gets worse with age, so, if I may have a flippant moment, you could offer yourself to science as a medical case study!  Case A001. 

Children
No Data