'The pain of isolation...'

Interesting article, I think.

'Why would a person with Asperger's feel driven to suicide? To me, the answer to this is obvious. The need to bond with others is a basic human need. The very definition of Asperger's is to have trouble fulfilling that need. So why is it surprising that someone with these difficulties might fall into despair?'

The Pain of Isolation: Asperger's and Suicide

Parents
  • Interesting. I don't really despair that I'm isolated, generally being on my own feels better than having friends and a girlfriend. I get frustrated more with the fact I can't go out, work, etc. I can see why a lot of people choose to go before their time. Life is hard and there's little to no support out there for an autistic adult. This forum is the best resource I have found so far.

• Interesting. I don't really despair that I'm isolated, generally being on my own feels better than having friends and a girlfriend. I get frustrated more with the fact I can't go out, work, etc. I can see why a lot of people choose to go before their time. Life is hard and there's little to no support out there for an autistic adult. This forum is the best resource I have found so far.

Children
No Data